Friday, July 30, 2010

Sons of Anarchy Teaser Trailer

I watch way too much television.

One of my guilty pleasures is the FX show Sons of Anarchy. Part of it is that I've always had a slight fascination with motorcycles, (and I find the lead actor Charlie Hunnan (Jax) rather fun to look at). More than that though, is the presence of strong female characters. Sure, the bikers in Sons of Anarchy objectify women in very crass ways at times, but the regular female characters of Gemma (Jax's mother) and Tara (Jax's girlfriend) great examples of complicated, strong women that feel like real people, and not simply eye candy for the screen.

The fact that the show as a whole is loosely based on Hamlet, my all time favorite Shakespeare tragedy, doesn't hurt either. Check out the teaser trailer for the third season! It looks like it will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment